All this is great, but what about mobile devices?
Well, if your visitor is using a device with a good browser such as Mobile Safari (iOS devices), Android, WebOS and Nokia’s Symbian devices all should be good, but what about all the others? I am not talking about WML phones that are today a rarity more than anything, I am talking about all those low and mid-end devices that sell like hot-cakes. Think about all the Samsung, Sony Ericsson, LG and (reasonably-priced) Nokia that people get for free from their operator, or buy for about 50-100 Euro. It is true that heavy users will likely buy a high-end device with a big screen and a good browser, but that does not mean we should suddenly forget the long-tail.
- WordPress Mobile Pack version 1.2.3 or higher
- Google Analytics for WordPress by Yoast
- Download the script adaptation based on Google Analytics for WordPress 4.0.8, a.k.a Google Analytics for WordPress for Mobile
- Both WPMP and Google Analytics plugins should be enabled and correctly functioning (of course!)
- Make sure in the “Mobile Theme” menu you have enabled the Nokia templates (this is needed to activate the device group recognition)
- Save a backup copy of your existing googleanalytics.php
- Upload the files ga.php and googleanalytics.php in your google-analytics-for-wordpress directory on your server (normally in wp-content/plugins/google-analytics-for-wordpress)
Although in theory the custom segmentation is implemented, it is a bit of a hack and needs review with Yoast.
Small bug fixed, see Google Analytics for WordPress for Mobile update.